Due to HM Government guidelines surrounding the Covid-19 pandemic, all dates are provisional and subject to change.
The dates for upcoming maintenance classes are shown here – scroll down for further information:
- 2 day Advanced maintenance course (next date 5 and 12 September 2020)
- Brompton Bicycle maintenance course (new dates 25 July 2020 and 8 August 2020 – wait-list only).
- Wheel-building (next date 12 December 2020)
- Intermediate maintenance course (Cleaning, brakes and gears on 26 September / Care and replacement of hubs, cassettes, chain and derailleurs 28 November / Care and replacement of headsets and bottom brackets New Date to be announced)
- Introductory maintenance class (next date 15 August 2020 and 29 August 2020 – wait-list only).
Why not book and pay today, as places on our popular courses go fast! All the courses take place in our fully-equipped workshop in West London, or on-site at your request. For more information on the courses we currently have scheduled, and to book a place, please follow the links below. If you have a query email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For corporate customers we can invoice your company directly.
• Introduction to bike maintenance – get to know your bike, safety checks and puncture repairs. Class dates are all Saturdays, starting at 10am and finishing at 3pm. The next class is 15 August 2020 and 29 August 2020 – wait-list only. More information here.
• Intermediate bike maintenance – keep your bike in good running including brakes and gears, chain and derailleurs, and headsets and bottom brackets. Class dates are all Saturdays, starting at 10am and finishing at 3pm: Courses for 2020 are Cleaning, Brakes and Gears on 26 September 2020 / Care and replacement of hubs, cassettes, chain and derailleurs 28 November 2020 / Care and replacement of headsets and bottom brackets New date to be announced. More information here.
• Advanced bike maintenance – equip yourself with skills to service your own bike, wheel truing, headsets, bottom brackets, hubs and more on *NEW DATE* 5 and 12 September 2020. Ideal for individuals wanting to service their own bikes and those pursuing a career for example cycle instructors or Sustrans officers. Run in conjunction with Park Tools under the Park Tool School scheme. More information here.
• Wheel building – learn the theory and practice of this highly prized skill in a one-day intensive course. Bookings are now open for 2020, the first one being 12 December 2020. More information here.
• Brompton Bicycle – all the skills needed to keep this unique folding bike in good working order. Class dates are all Saturdays, starting at 10am and finishing at 3.30pm: the next dates are 25 July 2020 and 8 August 2020 – waitlist only. More information here.
• Bike touring – get the knowledge to transport your bike and keep it running on more long distance journeys as well as practical advice. More information here.
• Hydraulic brakes – learn to how to bleed, set up and service Shimano hydraulic braking systems for flat handlebars. More information here.
All our courses are very hands-on and students work on their own bikes as well as our demonstration bikes. We have a long history of working with both individuals keen to increase their knowledge as well as with corporates and community groups.
In addition to all of the above, individuals are welcome to drop in to the workshop by prior arrangement to hire a workbench and make use of our resources.